Thursday, 1 September 2011

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Got told to 'go and f*** yourself ' today and things just went down hill from there. Sometimes you just have days when everyone seems grumpy and today was one of them. I wasn't really in the mood for it but you have to take the rough with the smooth. It didn't help that my breathing was playing up or that I was generally out of sorts. Part of this was down to an extremely painful finger which, at first, I thought I'd broken. The pain kept waking me up so I was tired too. Thankfully the finger has improved during the day and is much better this evening.

I put in my options for the new shift patterns today. As I said yesterday my choices were limited so it really didn't take me much time to decide what to do. Now comes the long wait to find out if I've got what I've asked for or will be unlucky enough to become one of the many who will not have a job after April.

Considering it was the first official day of autumn it was a gorgeous. I turned the air con off and wound down the window on the way home. I love feeling the wind in my hair and breathing in the smells of the countryside. As I was driving through one of the pretty small villages Meatloaf came blasting out of my music player singing the title of this blog. OK it was the afternoon but I couldn't help agreed with him.  By the time I went out to check on the garden the heat had been tempered by that familiar autumn nip but it was a lovely end to the day nevertheless.

Got home to find all my meds spread out on the bed. At first I thought Peter had gone mad then I remembered it was drug count day. Task done and everything back in the cupboard I went down stairs,  made myself some Complan and settled for a quiet half hour with the newspaper. Bliss!
Tomorrow is going to be busy, busy, busy. Not only are we expecting the phone call for the drug count but my oxygen is due to be installed, though God knows where they are going to put it. I am also expecting some portable oxygen which I will be able to take into work with me (I could have done with some today) so that will be helpful. And to top it all off we are going up to Rushden late afternoon to measure up in Laurence's new house.

So all in all a quiet day or as I prefer to think of it, the calm before the storm.