Saturday, 3 September 2011

Take A Breath And Hold On Tight

Last night I sat on the settee watching a film while attached to my oxygen. I've been prescribed a couple of hours a day as and when I need it. I decided to give it a go to see if it really did make any difference so used it for an hour. I was quite surprised because I didn't think I'd notice any change whilst sitting still but after twenty minutes or so my chest felt so less congested and my cough had stopped. I have yet to use it whilst walking, I chickened out of using it at work, but if it makes the same difference as it did last night it can only be good news.

This morning I was brushing my teeth when Tarmac sauntered into the bathroom, climbed into the toilet bowl and started drinking the water. EWWWWWWW!!!!! After thirteen years the cats are still surprising me but not always in a nice way.

It was my last day at work today  before four glorious days off. The last day is always hard because by then I am shattered. Another lovely drive home, the weather really has been gorgeous these last few days but wouldn't you know it on my first day off it is forecast to rain and rain heavily. Oh well it is a Sunday so an ideal excuse to have a duvet day and rest. Unusually I have four free days without any hospital appointments or clinics to attend. I won't know what to do with all my free time. If it is dry I'll plant some bulbs for spring and a trip to the shops has been earmarked in to try out my oxygen. There are two things I will be testing. Does the oxygen make a difference such as can I walk further, faster, longer, and am I able to carry the tank? I suspect the answer to the last bit might well be no but we will see. If I can't I will be on the phone on Monday ordering my trolley. I'm also hoping that we can go out and do some photography as it has been ages since we've just been able to relax and wander around with the cameras.

Well that's the plan, no doubt things will change but as long as I'm doing something I enjoy who cares.