Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Woke Up This Morning Feeling Fine

Woke up this morning suddenly realising I hadn't spent most of the night sitting up coughing my heart out, and keeping Peter awake in the process. My chest doesn't feel so heavy and I'm managing without oxygen except when I go upstairs, a definite improvement. This was confirmed by my GP who said the infection had all but cleared, with two days of antibiotics left he decided not to give me any more but told me to go straight back on Monday if I don't continue to improve or I get worse again. As I'm going to the Brompton on Friday I was happy with his conclusion. If the infection is on the retreat maybe my breathing will start to pick up. I will use the oxygen this evening so I'm topped up for overnight.

Healthcare At Home failed to deliver as promised. I waited until two and then called them. My request for a change of delivery date was logged onto the system but had not been passed along to those actually doing the delivery, brilliant. So I now have a guarenteed delivery date for Saturday morning, I'll believe that when I see it but I run out of some essential equipment on Sunday so if they don't deliver there will be problems. I have stressed this to them so I hoping nothing will go wrong this time round.

Laurence was at home today so I put him to work doing the washing and hanging it out to dry. To be fair he never once complained. Andrew came home from school and did the washing up then got the washing in. I have to say I could get used to this.

It has been all quiet on the house buying front. The sellers have been away on holiday but return tomorrow so we expect things to start moving again next week. If everything goes to plan Laurence could be moving out at the end of the month. At the moment every time he goes out he returns with arms full of stuff for the new house. There is barely room for him in his bedroom which is beginning to resemble a badly arranged bric a brac shop.

Andrew has booked the off road part of the motorcycle test and will be doing it this Sunday, which seems an odd day to me but if that's when they do them, that's when they do them.

As I'm feeling better I've been promised a trip out in the wheelchair tomorrow to get some fresh air. Lets hope the weather stays dry.