Wednesday 13 July 2011

This House Goes On Sale Ev'ry Wednesday Morning

I have had a reply from IKEA.

Dear Mrs Roberts,

Thank you for your email.
Firstly I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the experience you detail in your email below. It is quite clear that you have not received the level of customer service that IKEA or our customers expect.
I have phoned the store and they have informed me that they always ask customers for an item to leave behind when borrowing a wheelchair but they do not specify car keys. They have told me that this system is in place due to wheelchairs being stolen in the past.
The customer service manager in store who I spoke to has asked me to see if you recall the name of the person who your husband was speaking to in the store about this and we will be able to investigate this for you to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.
Also I am pleased to offer you 2 free meal vouchers for you to use if you ever decide to visit IKEA again in the future. We understand that this offer will go no way to compensating you for the experience you have had at the hands of our staff but hope that you will reconsider your decision to never visit IKEA again 
Kind regards,
Mark E
IKEA Customer Service.

My reply.


Dear Mark E

Thank you for your reply to my complaint. I have asked my husband about the man he spoke to and this is what he has told me.

The male was of Asian appearance with a very round face who gave his name as ‘IMEE’. My husband asked about the wheelchair and offered a credit card and a Costco membership card as we had on previous occasions without any problem. The male refused to believe that these had been accepted in the past and said the only things he would accept were a driving licence or car keys. He said this was a company policy not just a store policy. He was very rude to my husband and when my husband asked to see his name badge to confirm his ID the male said ‘I don’t have to show you that’ and walked off terminating the discussion.

I hope this helps with your enquiry and that you will let me know the result.

Thank you for the offer of the vouchers but I will be declining.

Let's see what response I get this time.

Well I tried the epilator in the bath this morning and yes it can hurt more than waxing but the results were good. Don't think I'll be using it for anything higher up than the knee though.

Went out to see some properties with Laurence. We arrived at the first house and parked up waiting for the estate agent who said he would meet us there. A couple of cars went by and we wondered if one of them might be him but when he did arrive there was no mistaking him. BMW convertible, flash suit, winkle picker shoes and lots of bling, we couldn't stop smirking. If anyone was born to be an estate agent it was this guy. Appearances aside he was very nice and really knew his stuff. The first house was a two bed mid terrace and in excellent condition. The stand out feature was the bathroom, separate jacuzzi bath and shower all beautifully laid out with underfloor heating. Absolutely brilliant. The next one was horrible and smelt as though something had died in there. The third one was all oak floors and Gothic light fittings but again very well kept and spacious, if I were starting out again I'd have bought that one, it had a good sized garden and the road was very quiet. Houses four and five were very small and cramped and five looked like a bomb had hit it. If you are trying to sell your house would you leave half eaten toast and full cat litter trays lying around? No, of course not. The final house was the one that really took our breath away. Newly decorated throughout, fully fitted kitchen, all new units, open plan lounge/dinner so very spacious, jacuzzi bath and loo upstairs, shower downstairs, utility room, two large bedrooms and a nice medium sized garden and all for 100 grand for a quick sale. They are even throwing in the fridge freezer.

Wisely Laurence has kept all the paperwork from the properties he saw last week and has gone through all again and narrowed it down to three possibles. Houses one and six from today and one from last week. Now all he has to do is decide which one.

My book is still selling well, I'm surprised how well to be honest and I've even received a lovely e mail from an American lady begging me to write another. In case you want to take a look, here is the link.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charter-Walk-ebook/dp/B0051GQH0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310551241&sr=8-1

Back to work tomorrow, really nervous. What if I can't do it, what if it is too soon and I'm making a big mistake? I guess the only way to find out is to try.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment