Sunday 23 October 2011

Stead Of Makin Me Better You Keep Makin Me ill

I was sick last night, not badly but sick. This is not a good sign. If it happens again or get worse I'm going to have to take my dose back down again. I'm fed up at the moment and wish I'd never agreed to having the thing put in. Spent the day doing household chores such as the laundry and ironing. This kept my mind off my stomach. The hardest task was cooking lunch. I managed but did not partake. Seems I am back to square one.

St Paul's is closed for the third day so by my reckoning that is £60'000 down the drain thanks to the economic protesters. There was still a wedding that took place yesterday with little trouble and the normal church services are still taking place today so for St Paul's it's a weekend acting like a normal church rather than a cash cow. Sometimes going back to your roots is good for the soul.

I found out what the protest is about, capitalism apparently and yet most are wearing designer or at least branded clothing and making it a very good weekend for the local Starbucks. A case of double standards maybe?

Strictly Come Dancing was very good last night but I do want to see Nancy go. She's hopeless and doesn't even have a good personality to vote for. Unlike the other poor performer Russell she isn't in the slightest bit likable so I'm hoping she goes tonight as I very much want to see Russell in the Halloween special.

Talking of Halloween I bought my pumpkin yesterday, nice and tall with a flat side perfect for the design I have planned. I always do a pumpkin and stick it in the window, I'm not a nimby when it comes to these things and haven't had my house egged yet. In fact, and I'm blowing my own trumpet here, I'm quite good at pumpkin carving and have had people knock on the door just to say how much they like my latest effort. Although we do get trick or treaters it all settles down by eight and we don't usually have any trouble. Another benefit of being in a small village.

By the mid afternoon my stomach showed signs of settling down and I managed an apple and a packet of monster munch without any problems. Maybe the sickness is passing after all, I'll just have to see how I get on over the next few days. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow to see if they can give me something to keep my stomach settled during the day without making me sleepy. I'd rather take another pill than suffer another day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment