Monday 20 June 2011

I've Got To Admit It's Getting Better, A Little Better All The Time

Andrew is back on solid food, albeit very soft solids such as mashed potato and pasta. Looks like he is finally on the road to recovery. He was supposed to be going to karate tonight but is still reeling from a call he got on Satureday from the club leader to say one of the trainers had died. The man had been climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, climbing for charity was his thing apparently, and had to turn back half way up because he didn't feel well. Back in the hotel that evening he was in the bar having seemingly recovered and feeling fine when he keeled over with a massive heart attack. What an awful thing to happen.

Watching another Andy at the moment and I'm not sure it's good for me. He is one set down and not exactly on sparkling form. He has at least got to make it until Sunday as I'm grounded until then. After that if he goes out at least I'll be able to potter in the garden or bake to fill in my afternoons.

Last night I had one of the best night's sleep in months. Finally able to breath lying down and minus the cough I slept right through. Recovery isn't spectacular as it was when I started taking the Iloprost but there is a small steady improvement everyday, even though my dose has not been increased since Friday. My next increase is on Wednesday and I can't wait. Normality is just out of reach at the moment but the next increase might just allow me to touch it with my fingertips.

It has been nine weeks since I put in my renewal for my DLA so following their instructions I rang them to find out the status of my claim. I also needed to tell them about the new medication and the fact that I was in need of more care because of it. I got through the automated phone system surprisingly quickly and was speaking to a real person in less than five minutes. The woman I spoke to was very helpful and took the new details down all the time muttering 'you poor thing' which was a little irritating. Anyway my claim is with the 'decision makers' so she was going to hot foot my new information over to them so it could be included in the decision process. She said I should have a decision within the next two weeks. Why do I get the feeling I'm going to have to appeal, again? Yes it is fatalistic but like most people with PH I've had to appeal every single claim I've made in relation to this horrible condition. Why should this time be any different? The best I can hope for is that they turn me down early enough for me to appeal BEFORE they stop my allowance this time.

Off to my local hospital to attend the warfarin clinic tomorrow. They are really obsessed with people using mobile phones and whenever one goes off there is a chorus of voices demanding that all phones be turned off. My pump makes a small whirring sound every three minutes as the drug is pumped in and I cannot wait to be shouted at. Well if I have to wear it I might as well get some pleasure out of it don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment