Sunday 10 April 2011

Thought Police

One reason I started this blog is so I can say what I think without getting shot down by people who really need to find something to do other than set themselves up as unofficial moderators. There is a lovely lady who has been going through a really rough time of it health wise and needed some support so posted her woes in the official PHA forum. Unfortunately for her she posted more detail than these self appointed moderators liked and instead of getting the help she needed she was hounded and criticised in such a rabid way it shook me to the core. Now these same people have been commenting on why this lovely lady hasn't been posting lately. Are they really that thick they can't work it out for themselves? Anyway unable to sit on my hands I pointed out that her absence might have something to do with their behaviour. Unfortunately honesty is something these people cannot handle so I'll probably be banned from posting for a few days to 'teach me to comply' to their way of thinking.

Dont get me wrong, the majority of people on the forum are kind, generous and helpful people who will bend over backwards to help a fellow sufferer but as usual it only takes one or two bad apples to spoil it for everyone else. If you are new then do ask your questions and tell us your problems but if you want a quiet life leave out the detail.

Anyway enough of that on to DLA news. Four days it has taken me to fill the form in so far and at last I have reached the end. I was pleased to see that there is a print feature on the site so that's what I did and 25 pages popped out. Yikes! I'm putting it aside for a couple of days and will read through it again before submitting it.

Back to work tomorrow, still haven't decided what to do about the little bullying problem. I think I'm going to have to tell someone, trouble is who to choose. Before I do though I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and see what she does over the next day or two. If she backs off then fine, all over and done with. If she doesn't then I'll have no choice. I go to work to forget about my health problems not have then rammed down my throat.

Eldest is back from Sheffield and feeling rather delicate. I have been given a fairly graphic description of the various conversations he's had on the porcelain telephone and he has declared he is never going to drink again. Now where have I heard that before?.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear. I hope you return to the PHA Forum real soon.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete