Tuesday 12 April 2011

And........relax!

If you ever fancy a sausage roll just before bedtime my advice is don't. I've had a dull head and hideous indigestion all day.

So what do you do when you come home from a long hard day at work to be greeted by an excited 17 year old uttering the following. "Mum I've spent all day on the Internet and I've finally chosen my course. I'm going for Nuclear Physic, it's going to be easy and it pays pretty well to." So that's career 352 discussed, I hate to think what he'll actually end up doing.

Work was quite good today, I've been screamed at, insulted, verbally abused and complimented, not that much different from teaching really. Sometimes human nature truly amazes me. And to add to all the excitement we had a meeting about how things are going to be changing. As usual a lot of words but no real information. I guess they don't really know what is going to happen but left they had to say something. I feel so sad for the people I work with. All the uncertainty and most of the girls have young families to consider. They really don't need it.

I have the next four days off, thank goodness these three day have really drained me, and so much to fit in but at least for once there are no hospital appointments. I think one of the hardest things to cope with when you have PH is the disruption that comes with it. The constant round of hospital appointments, blood tests, ECG's, ECHO's etc, etc. Hardly a week goes by without at least a few hours sitting in a waiting room. Then there is the daily disruption of the drugs. Depending which ones you are on the disruption can range from a few minutes to several hours. If you are taking diuretics then your whole morning can go to pot as you need to stick as close as possible to a loo for at least three hours after you take the damned things. To be honest if I have to be anywhere that requires a long journey I tend to put off taking the tablets until I get home or sometimes not take them at all otherwise I'd never be able to go anywhere. Such is life.

First stop tomorrow, checking that bloody DLA form, Arrrggghhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment