Thursday 28 April 2011

Oh yes I'm the great pretender, pretending that I'm doing well

The mask well and truly slipped this week. I've been an emotional wreck, crying at the slightest sign of anyone being kind or concerned about me. I have regular dips but this wasn't a dip it was a plummet. Usually I can control myself but the harder I tried the worse I got. Scary! Hope I can pull back up again soon.

As luck would have it I've also been battling against 'authority' this week.

Why are doctor/hospital receptionists such cows? Don't get me wrong ther are some lovely receptionists out there, the receptionist at my GP's is absolutely lovely. However the receptionist at my anti coagulation clinic is an entirely different kettle of fish. This week I couldn't make the clinic due to work commitments, next week I have the same problem so I rang the clinic to change dates. My God! Anyone would think I was trying to skip bail.
"Well can't you come to the early clinic at 7.30am?"
 "Not when I have to be at the other end of the county by eight."
 After batting around every possibility she finally accepted that I just couldn't make it but before I ended the call told me she was 'making a note that I'd ignored her advice.' Oh I am so scared! Get over yourself woman, it is only a blood test.

The second battle is ongoing and is with the Inland Revenue. They wrote to tell me that I owed £384 in tax. I challenged them and today I got a letter telling me the under payment of tax came about because they were unaware that I was working during 2009 - 2010. Huh? How can that be when I had tax removed from my pay and they sent me a letter halfway through the year altering my tax code? Well this weekend I will be writing back and including photocopies (I don't trust them enough to send the originals) of these documents asking them whether they are mad or just plain stupid. My money's on the latter.

Then there's work, actually lets not go there other than to say one of my very pregnant colleagues left on maternity leave this week. She is such a lovely lady I really hope things go well for her. We are all meeting up on the 9th of May for a meal/ baby shower. Personally I have doubts of her still being pregnant by then but we will see.

22. take a turn in the Top Gear reasonably priced car.

No comments:

Post a Comment