Saturday 23 February 2013

If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked a Cake

Well fortunately I do and I am.

I am looking forward to what promises to be a good day. Wales are playing Italy, Laurence is coming for tea and I'm making a cake. I'm using the recipe I had my first success with so I'm fairly confident it will turn out OK and I've bought whipped cream and strawberry jam for the filling so with a bit of luck it will be really yummy.

I had a really good night's sleep last night and woke naturally around seven, obviously I am beginning to relax into my holiday and with the good news I had yesterday I'm feeling really good about things at the moment. Of course we all know what would make life perfect but it looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer for that.

I have now set up my new face book page so my friends and family can be updated when the big day arrives. I haven't invited everyone and there is a reason for this. Some I plainly do not trust, they have been removed from my FB friends anyway so this is not a problem, and others will be updated by other means anyway. Arrangements have already been put in place for my work colleagues to be kept informed for instance. And I'm pretty sure news will travel anyway, it usually does.

I started today off with a long soak in the bath followed by a hot chocolate to keep the warm glow going and help keep the weight on. To be honest I don't think I'm going to have any problems while it is still so cold as I find I always eat more when the temperature drops. The problem is going to come in the summer because the hotter it gets the less I eat and if it is very hot I don't eat at all. Still we will tackle that when it comes and you never know I might not need to worry by then. Talking of weather it is snowing again, yes it is pretty and the first fall is very exciting but it's March next week and we need to see some sun and some warmth.

With the realisation that spring is on the doorstep I am itching to get out and start putting the garden to rights but one breath outside and I start gasping. It may be dry but it is so cold I wouldn't even attempt to do anything. This is what I'm finding really frustrating when it is dry it is too cold and when it warms up it is raining. I just can't win!

In the news today a picture of Cheryl Cole/Tweedy/Whatever showing off the most hideous tattoo I've ever seen. I've never liked Cheryl, I find her false and unpleasant and I hate big tattoos on women, so I suppose you could say I was biased from the start. Small, delicate and discrete tattoos can be very attractive, and tattoos always look good on men, no idea why they just do. Cheryl's are two enormous roses on her back and they look like wallpaper. Not attractive, just cheap and nasty. Just goes to show money can't buy taste.

Unable to get near the garden I'm having a quick run round with a duster and mop, ably assisted by Andrew. Then I'll get down to baking so I can give my full attention this afternoon to the rugby. And with that said I'd better go and get on with it or there won't even be lunch, let alone cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment