Saturday 24 March 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Woke up to some good news this morning. My colleague, who has just had a triple transplant due to Cystic Fibrosis, is home safe and well just three weeks after the operation. Isn't that fantastic! Just hope mine goes as well when I eventually have it. Well done John, looking forward to seeing you back at work.

Another foggy start to the day but thankfully the sun started to burn through by nine so it was a much better day than yesterday. Not that I got much time to enjoy it as I was busy getting the spare room ready for our visitor. It doesn't help that I'm tired today. The cats decided to have a huge fight on top of the bed last night, I couldn't get back to sleep after that and tossed and turned until the first slithers of light appeared between the curtains then I fell into a deep sleep so when Peter woke me with a cuppa at just after eight I was really groggy. I improved during the morning and was soon whipping around with dusters, though I left the heavy stuff like vacuuming to Andrew, she is his friend after all.

My new Lasagne dishes arrived today. I couldn't find one as big as the one I broke despite searching high and low. The nearest I could get was in John Lewis. Their dish was deeper than mine but not as long and on top of that they wanted sixty pounds for it. In the end I ordered two from Amazon and paid thirty pounds including postage. To be honest the smaller size will work well for us now that Laurence has left, on those occasions when he comes around for lunch I'll just make two lots and freeze the leftovers. Talking of which Laurence is coming over for lunch tomorrow, can't wait to see him.

Andrew was a frenzy of activity all morning, I've never seen him do so much. He's been excited all week and says that doing all the cleaning for me and sorting out his room takes his mind off things and makes the time go quicker. I suppose he has a point.

Peter is in a bad mood. After spending all afternoon yesterday and most of the morning today working on it  he finally got his engine back together. The car started brilliantly then promptly dropped all it's oil onto the drive. There was a lot of head scratching going on as Peter tried to figure out what went wrong. His biggest fear was that the head has warped. After about an hour of fiddling he realised that the gasket (?) was the wrong type so a new one has been ordered and we are playing the waiting game again. Tomorrow he starts the long process of stripping down the engine and cleaning it up. I think it is fair to say that we won't be swapping cars on Tuesday.

Malaysian Grand Prix this weekend, really hoping for another Brit winner, hopefully Jenson as I'd love to see him become world champion again. Michael Schumacher looks like putting a bit of a spanner in the works with a controversial new rear wing. I love all the intrigue and bitching that goes on, Formula One just wouldn't be the same without it. I especially like how Ferrari complain about everything being illegal unless, of course, it is on their cars. However it is the racing that counts at the end of the day and that is what I really love about it. A Brit one two in qualifying with Hamilton taking pole, fingers crossed for Jenson tomorrow.

Well I'm off to Heathrow in a minute to pick up our guest, Andrew is all of a flutter but has made a brilliant job of the spare room. Will let you know how it goes in tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment