Monday 27 January 2014

Grounded Again!

As you can tell from the fact I'm posting a blog on a Monday, I haven't improved.

Despite my best efforts it looks as though this infection is going to take it's own sweet time about going. To be perfectly honest I'm not as cut up about it as I thought I'd be. It's been quiet some time since I've had any serious time off sick so guilt doesn't even enter into it. I've made an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow morning, even though I still have two days of antibiotics left. Experience indicates that if I don't show any signs of improvement within five days I'm going to need something stronger. As this hasn't happened for as good few months I suppose I'm overdue.

So what to do with myself while I wait for improvement? Well I started the day by putting a few items on ebay. They've been hanging around the house for years and haven't been used. Mainly because they were bought on a whim, so why keep them? If I haven't used them yet I'm not going too. Any money I make is going into a new savings account and is going to be my holiday/Australia fund. I've promised myself that as soon as I get the go ahead to fly post transplant Peter and I are going for a long holiday in Italy. And after we've done that an even longer one in Australia. I've made a pact with Jenny that I'll go to Australia in 2016. That gives me two years to have the transplant and recover. It also gives me two years to save up for it, I don't want the time spoilt by worrying whether we can afford it.

This afternoon I'm getting the paints out. It's something I enjoy and can do no matter how ill I'm feeling. I wonder whether they will let me take them into hospital after my transplant? Isn't it strange that I'm more worried about keeping myself busy post transplant than about the transplant itself. I guess I'm so focused on the life I hope to have afterwards I've almost completely forgotten what it's going to take to get there. Maybe that's just as well.

I spoke to Laurence yesterday and apparently scumbag is claiming for injury but not for damage to his vehicle. Naturally this has left Laurence and his insurance company completely bemused. Laurence seems cheerful enough about it though. He's not happy about having a claim made against him but he's pretty confident of winning.


Andrew's gone back to uni and is very excited about his up coming placement. He's always been happier learning by action rather than book work, though he understands he needs one before he can do the other.

Well here's hoping I get sorted at the doctor's tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment