Saturday 27 July 2013

Rocking All Over The World

I'd like to start this blog by saying thank you for the many kind comments I've received regarding yesterday's blog. Amazingly the blog got record viewings. It seems Anne's story was being followed by readers not only in the UK but also the USA, Poland, Russia and China, to name but a few. I think it would have been a great comfort to Anne if she'd known that she was being routed for by so many people all over the world. My only regret is that I never knew and so was never able to tell her how much good will was being sent in her direction.


When I started this blog, over two years ago, it was on the suggestion of a therapist who said it would be a good way of expressing all the pent up anger, frustration and sadness that comes with PH. Over time it became a way of keeping my family and friends appraised of my progress. Now it is being read world wide and in turn, hopefully, spreading the knowledge and understanding of the PH journey world wide. It is incredibly humbling to think my burblings travel so far.

It has been a reflective couple of days. Sometimes there is no logic to some of the emotions I've been working through but I'm getting there slowly.

Yesterday was the last of Andrew's hospital placement and he returned home triumphant, with a great big grin on his face. His book was full of comments such as 'awesome', 'excellent' and 'very competent' and one of the anesthetists even told him he was better at canulation than the medical students were. This is a huge relief considering how negative he was about going there in the first place. He is now spending a quiet weekend at home before starting a week of night shifts with The London Ambulance Service on Monday.

The weather continues to cool and my breathing is now more or less back to normal but I have developed a bad throat. Honestly, if it's not one thing it's the other. I am treating it with sage and cider vinegar gargles and surprisingly they seem to be working as things are a lot less scratchy this morning.

This afternoon we are having the excitement of the Tesco run and then I'm settling down for a weekend of catching up on my soaps etc. I've been unusually tired this week so have been going to bed really early and have missed most of them. We are due huge thunderstorms this afternoon so sitting out and reading is not an option.

In the news

More royal baby stuff, this is going to go on for weeks, and the heartening tail of the lost racing pigeon.

Paul, was found after she, yes I know, landed on the deck of a Royal Navy frigate as it was on exercise 300 miles out in the Atlantic ocean. The bird had become disorientated and was clearly exhausted. Racing pigeons are valuable birds so instead of ending up in the pot, she has been fed and watered by the doting sailors on HMS Somerset and will be returned to her owner when the ship returns to port next week. Only in Britain!

And on a final note, has anyone seen that brilliant advert by O2, 'Be more dog'? I've been watching it for almost two weeks now and I only worked out yesterday that it is a cat's face superimposed on a dog's body. Yes I really can be that thick at times.

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzgl0nFj3s



No comments:

Post a Comment