Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunny Saturday Shopping.

Let's start with the bad news and get it out of the way.

The trip to the dentist didn't go as well as I had hoped. I knew, or suspected, I'd chipped a filling but was hoping the dentist wouldn't notice. She did of course so I'm back again next Friday to have the filling replaced and to have a 'deep' clean. I'm not surprised about the clean as the last dentist's idea of a clean was to rub some paste on my front teeth and say 'all done', so I'm rather pleased about that.

It was piddling down and not being able to park very close we both got very wet. We got even wetter afterwards when we went to Tesco to get our weekly groceries. However it was good to just get that chore out of the way and free up the rest of the weekend.

So what a contrast Saturday turned out to be. It was a beautiful day. Very sunny and quite warm when behind the glass of the car window. Outside there was a bit of a cool breeze but I don't think anyone cared. It was just lovely to see blue skies for a change. It's all back to normal today.

Andrew arrived home and announced he had two interviews in the next two weeks and that he needed a suit. So instead of having a quiet weekend in, we spent Saturday afternoon scouring clothing shops for something he liked and could afford. Where did he finally buy something from? Good old Asda of course. To be fair the suits in Asda were cut better and hung better than some of the more upmarket stuff and cost about a quarter of the price. He looks rather dapper don't you think. Yes the photo is awful but you get the idea.

My mood has started to keep me awake at night. I lie there for hours not being able to sleep and when I do drop off I have weird dreams. I wouldn't call them nightmares exactly but they are a bit frightening. They almost always involve transplant and this weekend in my dreams I'm in hospital and running around frantically looking for my laptop while the nurses are trying to get me back into bed so I won't burst my stitches. What the hell is that all about? I'm sure any dream analyst would have a field day, if I believed in such things.

I do feel better than I did last weekend. The little bit of good weather has helped and I have a few days booked off in the coming weeks to look forward too. Now that we are in the month when spring officially starts I'm more inclined to take time off so Peter and myself can spend some days out and about together. It will be nice to go somewhere and not freeze to death or drown.

I'm still not me though. There is something dragging me down and I just cannot put my finger on it. I don't even feel that unwell, just out of sorts and restless. I'm sure the atmosphere in work has got something to do with it though I'm not that bothered about what happens there because I have plans to move on. I can only conclude that it's because I'm in limbo and have been for a very long time now. Not knowing when things are going to change means you are always on edge. I wish I could explain it better but this is a situation only those in it can appreciate fully.

So what have I got to look forward to this week, apart from the dentist.

Well on Tuesday I have a day off and Peter and I are going out to see if we can finally find some flooring for the bathroom. Don't hold your breath. Then at the weekend we are hoping for a quiet one. We also have two people coming to see the car. One tomorrow but we are not holding out much hope with him and one on Saturday, who seems very keen. As much as I love my 156, I am fed up with it just sitting there now and I want the money to add to our holiday fund.



So I'd better go and get my stuff together for work tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been blogging so much lately. I really have struggled to do anything much these last few weeks. Hopefully Sunny Saturday saw the beginning of the positive Hazel re-emerging. At least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment